Sunday, May 18, 2008

ONE WAY

Our world is filled with "have it your way" "I did it my way" and "do what works for you." This atmosphere of "doing it our way" hangs like a thick fog in our daily lives. We exist in this multilane and multidirection culture in which the legal status of certain acts vary depending upon what state you happen to reside in. We are simply not used to dealing with one way. This is another way of saying that we are quite stiff necked.

The interesting thing is that this is not remotely a new fad. Throughout history mankind has endeavored to do things his way instead of God's. The Old Testament is overflowing with such examples. In all of these instances the very same mistake was made; the glory of God was exchanged for something infinitely less valuable. I have no stones to throw here in judgement because I too like those in the Old Testament have made this mistake more times than I can count (as have all people "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"). Some may oppose such a statement and say, "How have I sinned like that?" These are only missing out on the reallity of the rebellion of neglecting and disrespecting the Creator of the Universe.

I recently stumbled upon this excellent video by R.C. Sproul speaking about the only true one way.

<

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

No comments: