Friday, December 21, 2007

Enjoyable and Informative reading:


Here is one of the books I'm currently reading. This is a fairly recent release by Dr. Alister McGrath. It is a history of the church from the protestant reformation forward, highlighting the last 500 years of protestantism. McGrath was recently interviewed by the Resurgence regarding this book.

Apart from the Scriptures I have not previously read much church history. I am finding this book both informative and very enjoyable. This has been a great book for me to begin to look into the history of God's people/the church (a good book will develop your interest in its subject, this one does this well). Though I'm just barely half-way through reading this, it has already given me more motivation to look further into church history.

I look forward to reading more of McGrath. Even though I have not finished the book yet, I gladly recommend this as very beneficial and heart stirring reading.

Enjoy!

No comments: