Monday, March 3, 2008

Moments of Majesty

When our family travels in our vehicle together we usually listen to a worship CD, a conglomeration of a many of our favorite worship songs by several different musicians. Our 4 ½ year old daughter loves to sing along. As my wife and I will be conversing, we will often look at each other in silent communication about the majesty going on in the seat right behind us. Our little girl will be singing along to our favorite worship songs. Words cannot express what my heart experiences when I hear my daughter singing every word of “I will glory in my Redeemer.” Admittedly her young mind cannot yet grasp the theological depths of the words she is singing, but a heart may worship though the mind has not yet caught up with the heart. I’ve posted the lyrics below, just in case you’re not familiar with them.

I Will Glory In My Redeemer
By Steve and Vikki Cook

I will glory in my Redeemer, Whose priceless blood has ransomed me
Mine was the sin that drove the bitter nails, and hung Him on that judgment tree
I will glory in my Redeemer, Who crushed the power of sin and death
My only Savior before the Holy Judge
The Lamb Who is my righteousness, The Lamb Who is my righteousness

I will glory in my Redeemer, my life He bought, my love He owns
I have no longings for another, I’m satisfied in Him alone
I will glory in my Redeemer, His faithfulness my standing place
Though foes are mighty and rush upon me,
My feet are firm, held by His grace, my feet are firm, held by His grace

I will glory in my Redeemer, Who carries me on eagles’ wings
He crowns my life with loving kindness, His triumph song I’ll ever sing
I will glory in my Redeemer, Who waits for me at gates of gold
And when He calls me it will be paradise, His face forever to behold
His face forever to behold, His face forever to behold



If you’ve never heard this song before you can listen to samples here and here.

2 comments:

mwh said...

I agree: I think even before conversion, we should be putting into a child's mind truth--even truth through music, if that works well you your kid. It gives a framework in which the Holy Spirit can work.

Amanda said...

That's so sweet. :)

We sing songs to Nathan on our long car trips (keeps him from crying). His favorites are hymns. :) We plan on taking a hymnal on our next big trip.