Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Job: New Illustrated Edition

Desiring God is releasing this new addition of Piper's poetic summary of the book of Job. The book was previously released under the title, The Misery of Job and the Mercy of God.

I must reiterate what I've previously written about this material; this material (book / audio) has had the most significant influence on my understanding of suffering and the sovereignty of God. Again I must highly recommend the audio version (approx. 45 min.) in which John Piper reads his four poems on Job (download for free here). If you've never heard this then I would plead with you to do yourself the tremendous favor.

The audio from the above trailer is merely several different clips from the poems joined together in order to give an audio sample.

No comments: