Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful For: Top 10

1) Christ Jesus -
"Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you." (Psalm 73:25)

2) The Scriptures -
"man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD." (Deut. 8:3b)

3) My family -
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" (James 1:17)

4) Great friends - who pursue Christ and encourage me to do so
"A friend loves at all times" (Proverbs 1:17)

5) Life - He did not have to make me
"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." (Psalm 139:13-14)

6) Unbreakable Joy -
"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation." (Hab. 3:17-18)

7) Hope -
"Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God." (Romans 5:2)

8) The Lord's protection -
"I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." (Psalm 91:2)

9) The Lord's abundant provision -
"Yet he commanded the skies above and opened the doors of heaven, and he rained down on them manna to eat and gave them the grain of heaven." (Psalm 78:23-24)

10) Overwhelming Grace -
"And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace." (John 1:16)

No comments: