Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who Wouldn't Want This?

Psalm 90:14
Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

Often times after having drank from that great Fountain of Living Waters, my soul does so overflow with peace, hope, and unbreakable joy. That He has made a way for us to come before Him whenever we want, and that He has given us His magnificent Word is simply astounding. That we may take part of Him, of knowing Him and enjoying Him is spectacular. I sometimes question myself as to why I don't press into His Word further and delay in His presence longer - this is mere foolishness and no doubt evidence of the frail condition of our human-ness.

This morning after meeting with Him, my heart is ravished and my soul is deeply satisfied. After tasting of such glories this question rings in my ears, "Who wouldn't want this?" Then I'm reminded of two things Jesus said:

"And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil."

"Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel."


Quenched


My thirst now quenched
And with Your presence drenched
My heart is now satisfied
Overflowing with joy when You are Glorified

Oh that we may know You
And enjoy Your intimate fellowship too
What a wonder to delight
In Your majesty and might

Trembling in the presence of so much glory
Heart pounding and mind overwhelmed with the story
Of Your fierce and intense pursuit of us
It births faith anew, and hope that is marvelous

- A.B. Seal

No comments: