Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Trust: The Antidote for Fear

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

A canopy of grace envelops those who find the Lord to be their light, their salvation, and their stronghold. This is a firm foundation for those in the midst of storms. The author of this Psalm, David, was very familiar with intense storms. Few situations in this world are as intense and fearful as that which David endured. Consider his predicament, running and hiding from an entire army bent only on finding and killing him.


Psalm 27:3

Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.

Psalm 27:5
For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.

Three reasons David would not fear:
1) He will hide me in His shelter
2) He will conceal me under His tent
3) He will lift me high upon a rock

The Lord is a solid rock foundation upon which we may stand resolutely in the face of the storms of this life. The Lord is our hiding place.


David preaches to himself and to us in verse 14.


Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

No comments: