Monday, December 24, 2007

A Gracious Christmas

Light has dawned the King’s grace to see
So all in the world from sin now may flee
To taste of His goodness and look on His face
Is all that a heart needs and comes but by grace

Would you have unspeakable joy
Or would you not and rather have toys
Would you delight to see this great King
Or would it be gifts that makes your heart sing

That God became Man and died on a tree
To bear my reproach and give pardon to me
Is all I can take, my heart longs for no more
I’m satisfied here because He is my door
To bring me to God and take me from sin
This the greatest gift that could ever been given

Glories unseen and pleasure divine
Is all I can handle, and this would be mine?
My heart overflows with divine satisfaction
He would give you this gift, but will you see the transaction
That took place on the cross where He died in your place
All this for you free, and this comes but by grace

Oh do you see the reason He came down
To bear God’s great wrath and to lay down His crown
For God’s people to free and His grace so to see
This is why there is Christmas and why He loves you and me



A.B. Seal
12-22-2007

No comments: