Friday, February 15, 2008

A Father's Love

A father’s love for his child
None can ever compare
It is fierce and never ever mild
And as precious as the air

When I consider that great love
Of our glorious Father in Heaven
To send His only Son from above
To take away our leaven

Tis a wonder my heart cannot contain
And is the greatest news ever told
That from the cross Himself He did not restrain
So that we may be brought into His fold

My love for mine own beloved child
Simply pales when to His compared
That He would give His Son, for us to be reconciled
Is quite simply more than I can bear

A greater love will never be known
Than the Father who gave the Son He adored
I cannot fathom giving this child of my own
So that another might be restored…

Yet that is what my God has done
His love is seen most clearly in Christ
That those once lost might now be won
And purchased by the Treasure of infinite price

No comments: