5. Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.
6. Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.
7. Resolved, never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life.
17. Resolved, that I will live so, as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.
22. Resolved, to endeavor to obtain for myself as much happiness, in the other world, as I possibly can, with all the power, might, vigor, and vehemence, yea violence, I am capable of, or can bring myself to exert, in any way that can be thought of.
28. Resolved, to study the Scriptures so steadily, constantly and frequently, as that I may find, and plainly perceive myself to grow in the knowledge of the same.
56. Resolved, never to give over, nor in the least to slacken, my fight with my corruptions, however unsuccessful I may be.
The parable of the talents (Mat 25:14-30) is essential teaching on stewardship of everything, not to mention convicting. The picture of servants entrusted with the master's valuables is given to teach principles of stewardship. I can't help but think that we will be held accountable for our stewardship of everything including our time (leisure time), our serving, our giving, our finances, and more. I have been thinking recently about my stewardship of everything. I have some battles to fight, some fat to trim of my schedule (and my belly), some priorities to rearrange. Edwards has been a great help and motivation to me and so have these scriptures listed below.
The parable of the talents
Mat 25:14 "For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. Mat 25:15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. Mat 25:16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. Mat 25:17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. Mat 25:18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money.